Monday, March 28, 2011

BlogExpat Interviews

Writing city guides, expat articles, and moderating the forum is fun. Really. I can honestly say I really like my job. But...I saw an area of growth. More and more I am perusing expat articles and our plethora of expat blogs and am really impressed with the quality of writing and creativity I see out there. Damn peeps- y'all are good!

I had an idea. Not exactly an epiphany, but pretty exciting for me. How about we shine the spotlight on these fine expat writers & blogs and get some interviews on? Luckily, bossman agreed and gave me practically free reign to write up our format, recruit interviewee victims, and put their interviews up on our new partnersite:
The blurb
"The expat experience makes for a great story of adventure, drama and surprise. While each expat’s story is unique, we can all learn valuable lessons from each other’s experience.

BlogExpat interviews offers expats a standard format in which they can be as funny, informative, and/or honest as they want about life as an expat. Interviews with expats in the UK, Italy, Russia, Cuba, Holland, Turkey, the United States, Cambodia, and more offers a view into their amazing lives.

These stories serve as inspiration, advice, and entertainment for expats, travelers, and people who want to hear more about the world. We appreciate their expertise and look forward to sharing their experience with the world. Enjoy the interviews & best of luck in your own adventures as an expat."

Truthfully, it has been even more fun than I thought it would be. It gives me an excuse to spend hours pouring over people's incredible blogs and making contact with the writers. And one of the best things about it was Ian got to be our guinea pig and go first.

We also just published our second interview with a Londoner who made the move to Turkey with his partner: Perking the Pansies. He is an excellent writer with fabulous English humor.

I'm thrilled with the results and can't wait to keep finding great expat stories to promote and share. We already have a nice little line up through April. Hopefully my fellow expats & friends out there agree.

No comments:

We're Back in Berlin Ja!

We're Back in Berlin Ja!
ebe & ian at Yak-toberfest 2008